From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] My wishlist for EAPI 5
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 10:25:27
1 El sáb, 23-06-2012 a las 11:53 +0200, Peter Stuge escribió:
2 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > > What is hurting is people demanding features without specifying what
4 > > the problem is
5 >
6 > Part of enabling progress is to show a strong will to communicate,
7 > with the goal of extracting common understanding from discussion.
8 >
9 > In any project based on volunteer effort you must show that you too
10 > are interested in giving, for anyone to give you anything.
11 >
12 > When it's not obvious that you want to receive - to the point where
13 > you drive the discussion (the horror!) in order to arrive at that
14 > point of common understanding - then people will be upset and look
15 > down on you, because dealing with you leaves too sour a taste behind.
18 > //Peter
19
20 As Peter explains, I think it is now clear enough what I was demanding
21 (about clarifying what is needed to get things in next EAPI to prevent
22 issues like Tommy is suffering to get multilib stuff done), but I star
23 to think Ciaran thinks it's easier to simply wear a blindfold on to keep
24 thinking all what he says cannot be corrected at all, neither improved
25 and others must follow his instructions blindly