From: James McMechan <james_mcmechan@×××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] An example overlayfs sandbox test
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 01:29:09
1 On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 5:18 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 >On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 4:43 PM, James McMechan
3 ><james_mcmechan@×××××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> # now create a separate mount namespace non-persistent
6 >> unshare -m bash
9 >If you're going to go to the trouble to set up a container, you might
10 >as well add some more isolation:
11 >
12 >unshare --mount --net --pid --uts --cgroup --fork --ipc --mount-proc bash
13 >
14 >I'm not sure how much of a hassle mapping a uid namespace would be or
15 >if it would really add anything, especially if this chroots to portage
16 >right away.
17 >
18 >--
19 >Rich
20
21 Well mostly it was an example, I am not actually very good at containers.
22 the more stuff is isolated the more it needs to be setup.
23
24 The mount namespace is the whole point of the example
25
26 I would not want to change the networking, it should already be working
27 and I would be better served by not messing with it.
28
29 portage should not care about the --pid --uts(hostname/domainname) --cgroup or --ipc
30
31 The --mount-proc is not really helpful as I immediately remount the entire
32 "/" filesystem at /mnt/gentoo and chroot into it after custom setup of proc sys and dev
33
34 Now I could see a use for --map-root-user --user, then portage could run as
35 root in the container with the least danger by being user portage:portage outside.
36
37 Enjoy
38
39 Jim McMechan