From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: You currently cannot smoothly upgrade a 4 months old Gentoo system
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 22:22:56
1 211103 Joshua Kinard wrote:
2 > That all said, am I alone in thinking
3 > the way Portage emits error messages about dependency resolution problems
4 > is extremely messy and border-line unreadable at times?
5 > The current way it outputs depgraph errors
6 > feels like something I'd expect from a --debug switch.
7 > We've got a reputation for being playful and colorful on the command line
8 > with our tooling, so I would wonder if that depgraph output
9 > couldn't be made to look....nicer?
10
11 As a longtime user, I can say you aren't alone (smile).
12 Portage error msgs are difficult to read & often simply unhelpful.
16 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
17 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
18 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca