From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unmask >=net-p2p/bitcoin*-0.21.1
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 06:50:07
1 On 24.1.2022 20.37, Florian Schmaus wrote:
2 > I think it is time to unmask the currently masked Bitcoin versions. The
3 > mask was added in Juli of 2021 [1], with the mask's commit message
4 > indicating that unmasking is planned for November 2021.
5 >
6 > I doubt that the mask was ever needed in the first place, as it was
7 > intended to prevent automated updates of Bitcoin in Gentoo. However,
8 > Gentoo has no unattended upgrade mechanism. Instead, the user explicitly
9 > triggers all updates.
10 >
11 > As this has already caused a little bit of friction, I'd like to get a
12 > feeling of the community's view on that.
13 >
14 > - Flow
15 >
16 > 1:
17 > https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=d0bbc4dcc33927cbf0ca27a054c430f6866ed72e
18 >
19 >
20
21 Publishing a news item 2-4 weeks prior wouldn't cost much for us, I feel
22 like just to make sure it'd be the right thing to do.
23
24 (that only gets printed for people with bitcoin* installed)
25
26 -- juippis

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature