From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] location for binary package files (when vendors don't provide them)
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 20:42:31
1 Hi All,
2
3 Was wondering if we have a place to store binary package files when
4 vendors themselves don't provide them for a particular os/arch combo, but
5 are buildable from source.
6
7 The one I have in mind now is OpenOffice.org 1.0.3. We've managed to get
8 it to work on sparc, and would like to provide a binary for people so it
9 doesn't take days to build, but would like someplace that would act as the
10 SRC_URI for the particular file.
11
12 I can always put it up on my dev.g.o home dir but I thought someplace that
13 wouldn't disappear should a developer no longer be with the project would
14 be better.
15
16 Thanks,
17 --