From: R Hill <dirtyepic.sk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: fix binary debug support, part elevenity billion
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 00:40:43
1 Olivier Crete wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2006-17-01 at 18:03 +0100, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
3 >> On Tuesday 17 January 2006 17:51, Olivier Crete wrote:
4 >>> The argument in favor of splitdebug is that it allows users to give
5 >>> useful bugreports when using tools such as gnome's bug-buddy.
6 >> Erm actually it does not. Unless gnome herd fixed it recently.
7 >> The same goes for KCrashHandler/Dr Konqui.
8
9 Ditto on Dr. Konqi here.
10
11 > It does on my system, bug-buddy just spawned GDB (and it has worked that
12 > way for as long as I can remember). So you just need gdb 5/6 and it
13 > should work without problems with splitdebug.
14
15 Could be i need to up the level of debug info i'm gathering. What CFLAGS do you
16 happen to use?
17
18 --de.
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list