From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: GPL and Source code providing
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:10:04
1 On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 11:59 -0400, Patrick McLean wrote:
2 > Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > On Sat, 2006-07-01 at 11:12 +0000, Duncan wrote:
4 > >>> For example, if we hand out CDs at conventions etc, we would have to
5 > >>> also hand out source CDs.
6 > >
7 > >> As my reply there, however, Gentoo does still have it better than most, in
8 > >> that the LiveCDs contain relatively few binaries, and they tend to be
9 > >> relatively core packages to which sources should still be available even
10 > >> for historic releases, should we wish to continue distributing the
11 > >> historical LiveCDs. The packages CDs OTOH...
12 > >
13 > > Umm... The LiveCD has almost 700 packages on it. Perhaps you mean the
14 > > InstallCD?
17 > I have absolutely zero experience with catalyst, but couldn't it be made
18 > to create a source CD ISO when it is generating the binary one? Just
19 > make a cd with all the distfiles used in the ISO, and keep the source
20 > ISO with the binary one in /historical.
21
22 Sure it could. Feel free to submit a patch to make it do so.
25 Chris Gianelloni
26 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
27 x86 Architecture Team
28 Games - Developer