From: Nathaniel McCallum <npmccallum@g.o>
To: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] HDD Detection
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 02:09:40
1 Hey, I was hoping you would jump in. The script is for the installer
2 and it is to detect and return a list of all the partitionable devices
3 on the system (hard drives, etc). What are your suggestions? The
4 current iteration relies on /proc/partitions and minor/major numbers,
5 the second of which I would like to do without (being that kernel
6 major/minors are diappearing).
7
8 Nathaniel
9