From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eclass review for Gnome 2.32 and waf ebuilds
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 09:22:33
1 Le mardi 07 décembre 2010 à 09:46 +0100, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar
2 Arahesis a écrit :
3 > Why does waf-utils_pkg_setup() call 'python_set_active_version 2'?
4 > What do you plan to do when there are packages using waf and supporting Python 3?
5 >
6 > http://code.google.com/p/waf/ says:
7 > "compatibility from Python 2.3 to 3.1 is maintained (and Jython 2.5)"
10 well, packages I had in my hands (midori, hamster-applet) did not run
11 (waf did not run) with python 3. Any clever solution to running a python
12 build system is obviously more than welcome as I said in my earlier mail
13 this morning.
16 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
17 Gentoo