From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] repoman adding "Package-Manager: portage-2.2.20.1" to every single commit
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 21:26:00
1 On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 3:09 PM, Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > It does not other the the metadata.dtd file it checks for updates and
4 > updates itself with. But that is very likely to change with the
5 > rewrite I have in progress (albeit slowly). I have also seriously been
6 > contemplating splitting off it's release from the main portage package.
9 Now I remember the conversations. Having repoman rules at the
10 repository level, local system level, and a few others (I forget where
11 the thread was). Overlays can have their own rules, and so on. It
12 doesn't make sense to update portage every time there is a new QA
13 policy.
16 Rich