From: daveman@××××××××××××.net
To: Denis Shcherbakov <deniss@×××××××××.EDU>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] final release ?
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 05:58:19
1 On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 12:06:46AM -0500, Denis Shcherbakov wrote:
2 >
3 > Actually, I love Gentoo. I discovered it in August 2002, and I've been
4 > a happier man ever since. :)
5 >
6 > Sure there are a few things here or there, but it's not like there are
7 > no problems with Redhat or other distro's!! It may sound funny, but I
8 > find administration of a Linux box MUCH easier with Gentoo than with other
9 > distro's I tried so far. Gentoo really rocks.
10 >
11 > Let's give it up for the Gentoo development team :)
12 >
13 You make very good points. People can say what they want about Gentoo. I've yet to run into any "show stopper" problems that I simply didn't know how to fix that caused me to have to reinstall. That type of stuff seems only to happen with other distros. :-) When you take a thousand yard(or meter if you prefer) view of the project as a whole, it is pretty amazing where gentoo is today considering the age of this project. I only hope that I will some day be able to add contributions to this most excellent project. (Need a bit more skill yet before I am confident enough in my own programming abilities to contribute...)
14
15 Thanks to all for the great work. I'd still be using Slackware if it weren't for your work. ;-)
16 --David