From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Why lastrite when it works? (Was: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs due to retirement)
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 17:08:17
1 On 01/03/2017 09:11 AM, Damien LEVAC wrote:
2 > But routine auditing, while being wishful thinking in the open-source
3 > world (even when the projects are alive), are not meant to find those
4 > kind of bugs anyway (and wouldn't be effective at doing so either).
7 I think it's wishful thinking in every world :P
8
9 > I would argue that those concerns apply to every packages to different
10 > degree and you might not be safer (on the contrary) with a maintained
11 > but more experimental package...
12 >
13 > Even if just for the sake of stability, shouldn't there be a policy of
14 > inertia? I.e. if it is not broken it does not need fixing, or something
15 > like that? Like you said, this topic comes every once in a while and
16 > every time it is a waste of time. Unless there is an unknown maintaining
17 > cost in having it in the tree unmaintained?
21 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)