From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: cynede@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo on Discord
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 21:05:17
1 On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 4:34 PM Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > In this article on chat services used for OSS:
4 >
5 > https://catfox.life/2019/04/28/keeping-libre-software-accessible-to-all/
6 >
7 > I was surprised to see a mention of Gentoo as a project that uses "Discord as an official method of communication". When I searched, I indeed found https://discordapp.com/invite/gentoo. However, I'd never before heard we were using Discord (and didn't find any mentions of Discord on the -dev or -project mailing lists).
8 >
9 > Is this indeed an official venue? It's not listed on https://gentoo.org/support/ (which does mention IRC).
10
11 Based on the #server-info channel, it looks like this server was
12 created by Cynede. Perhaps they have more information.