From: Abhishek Amit <abhishekamit2000@×××××.com>
To: Louis-Philippe Brochu <lpbrochu@×××××××××.ca>
Cc: Brad Laue <brad@××××××.com>, Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>, Gentoo User <gentoo-user@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage quibbles
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 15:09:08
1 On 08:58 Mon 24 Mar , Louis-Philippe Brochu wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 19:35, Brad Laue wrote:
3 > > Small conundrum arises; if evolution is uninstalled and nothing else
4 > > depends on mozilla, even emerge world -up --deep will not catch and
5 > > upgrade mozilla if there is an upgrade available; workarounds like using
6 > > qpkg -nc -I | xargs emerge -up --deep have to be employed, which
7 > > effectively bypasses the world file and walks the /var filesystem instead.
8 > >
9 > > Bug?
10 >
11 > IMHO Portage should have a way to upgrade all installed packages. No
12 > need for dependencies checking (--deep) or world file, Just go through
13 > the list of all installed packages (that we can get with qpkg) and act
14 > as if there were part of the world file in the current implementation.
15 > In fact i think such an option should be the default one
16 >
17 > What do you think? Why would someone want to update only packages in the
18 > world file? What are the advantages/disadvantages of the previous method
19 > compared to the current --deep option?
22 > --
23 > Louis-Philippe Brochu <lpbrochu@×××××××.com>
26 > --
27 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
28 >
29 Try doing emerge `qpkg -I -nc`. This should do what you are looking for.
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list