From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ideas for a (fast) EAPI=3
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 22:31:50
1 Am Freitag, den 13.03.2009, 20:11 +0000 schrieb Ciaran McCreesh:
2 > On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 08:49:16 +0100
3 > Tiziano Müller <dev-zero@g.o> wrote:
4 > > So I think it's time for a short eapi bump with some distinct
5 > > improvements:
6 >
7 > Some more small candidates to discuss:
8 >
9 > * How would people feel about killing off automagic RDEPEND=DEPEND
10 > behaviour?
11 >
12 > * Officially kill off AA. It's not useful.
13 Never used it, thus ++
16 > * Kill off KV. This should be eclass territory.
17 ++
20 > * Ban dohtml, which is weird, and add '-u dir' to dodoc, so you
21 > can use dodoc -r -u html blah instead.
22 But then we shouldn't introduce doexample, but use "dodoc -r -u
23 examples" instead.
24 I liked that dohtml can filter based on file endings, this made it in
25 the past easier to install html docs.
26 So, if we could have something like:
27 filter_files -t web docs/ | dodoc -r -u html
28 that would be fine :-)
31 > * We currently have .xz / .tar.xz support for unpack down for EAPI 3.
32 > Am I right in thinking there's nothing stable that can handle .xz
33 > files?
34 >
35 As far as I know, but vapier is probably the expert here.