From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package.use.mask / package.use.stable.mask priority
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 22:09:22
1 On 01/10/2017 01:56 PM, Bernard Cafarelli wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > gnustep-base/gnustep-make has a USE flag (libobjc2) masked globally in
5 > base/package.use.mask, and unmasked on specific arches in
6 > arch/{amd64,x86}/package.use.mask
7 >
8 > To get a stabilization (#579232) bug finally moving on, I wanted to
9 > leave this flag out, adding a corresponding line in
10 > base/package.use.stable.mask
11 >
12 > But repoman replied with a batch of dependency.bad errors...
13 > Does package.use.mask (stable and ~arch) have a higher priority on
14 > package.use.stable.mask (stable only)? Bug or intended behavior?
15 >
16 > In the meantime, I will probably work around this by duplicating the
17 > package.use.stable.mask entry in arches files
20 If I understand you correctly, then it's the intended behavior. If the
21 flag is masked in both package.use.mask and package.use.stable.mask,
22 then the package.use.stable.mask setting is irrelevant because both
23 package.use.mask and package.use.stable.mask are considered when
24 calculating use.mask settings for any given package.
25 --
26 Thanks,
27 Zac