From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 19:54:42
1 On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 12:22:17PM +0900, Benda Xu wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> writes:
5 >
6 > > If, as a non-developer, you want to participate in a discussion on
7 > > gentoo-dev,
8 > > - either reply directly to the author of a list mail and ask him/her to
9 > > forward your message,
10 >
11 > With this item in mind, shall we set the default "Reply-To:" to the
12 > author instead of the list?
13
14 +1
15
16 Technically, lists should never mess with the reply-to header since the
17 author of the email should set it.
18
19 I have said multiple times that we should stopp munging reply-to on all
20 of our lists, and the IETF has defined reply-to as a field the author
21 should set.
24 William