From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:28:58
1 On Monday 27 February 2006 12:08, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:00:15 +0000 "Stuart Herbert"
3 >
4 > <stuart.herbert@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > | > Again, then we are going to get into the argument of the definition
6 > | > of an emergency and never be able to get anything done. We really
7 > | > hope problems never come down to this, which is why we left it
8 > | > worded this way.
9 > |
10 > | Me too. But it will, sooner or later, and when something isn't an
11 > | emergency, there's no reason why a change cannot wait until the
12 > | dispute has been resolved.
13 >
14 > And, when such a case occurs, there's nothing *requiring* QA to commit
15 > before the dispute is resolved. It's extremely likely that QA will work
16 > hard to ensure that everyone is happy before something gets changed.
17 > However, there are situations where waiting for a month would lead to
18 > considerable damage, and in those situations QA must be free to act.
19
20 if something is going to lead to "considerable damage" and the maintainer is
21 unwilling to resolve the issue, then i'm pretty sure there's more to be
22 resolved here than fixing a package
23
24 not sure leaving this power open ended is really needed
25 -mike
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list