From: Angel Olivera <redondos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Argument resolution [was: Re: Little respect towards Daniel please]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 03:39:22
1 On Sun, Mar 04 2007 19:22, Ilya A. Volynets-Evenbakh wrote:
2 > That's an interesting idea. It would be nice to have a discussion ML,
3 > which would have one simple rule enforced. Any discussion _must_
4 > follow formal logic rules.
5 >
6 > Ensuring that rule is followed could be done in a few different ways.
7 > One example:
8 > There would be a small group overseeing discussion, and, solely on the
9 > basis of formal logic rules, would, for example, suspend a person for a day,
10 > in case of violations.
11 >
12 > Of course, enforcement rules could be slightly more complex. i.e.
13 > 2-hour ban for any ad-hominem attack. Two warnings for logic errors,
14 > day ban for third one. Or something. These are details that need to
15 > be worked out, tested, re-hashed, etc.
16
17 Sounds like a lot of organization, shall we declare what weapons we will
18 use during our encounters, or will we be able to pull anything from the
19 bottom of our hats?
20
21 > This would result in a list that would force people to discuss the
22 > actual issue (technical, or otherwise), as opposed to do doing all
23 > sorts of mud flinging, and, due to temporary bans, would prevent any
24 > discussion from deteriorating into flame fest.
25
26 Perhaps I am wrong, perhaps there *is* a collective desire to decide
27 things in long ML threads. Though I can't recall when it was the last
28 time I've seen that happen, anywhere.
29
30 IMHO, this list would just lead people to boredom and desubscription.
31
32 Cheers.
35 redondos