From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla - New Default Status Workflow
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:16:25
1 On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 12:10:14PM +0100, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
2 > On 3/7/11 11:13 AM, Brian Harring wrote:
3 > > Re-read what he stated- it'll convert all existing NEW bugs to
4 > > CONFIRMED upon migration. There's a fair number of bugs that are in a
5 > > NEW state, decent number that have sat for a long while too. Those
6 > > bugs aren't 'confirmed'- just like with the new work flow where the
7 > > dev flips it from UNCONFIRMED to CONFIRMED, leave it to devs to flip
8 > > the current bugs from UNCONFIRMED to CONFIRMED rather than just
9 > > marking everything as CONFIRMED.
10 >
11 > Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but it seems we have both
12 > UNCONFIRMED and NEW in the "old" workflow. My understanding is that
13 > CONFIRMED is the new name for NEW, which makes sense.
14 >
15 Sorry but no. NEW means "Ok I think this is a bug. Can you please take a
16 look?". CONFIRMED is "ok this is definitely a bug. I am able to
17 reproduce etc and will look into fixing it". The meaning is slightly
18 different but it is important to distinguish valid from invalid bugs.
21 Regards,
22 --
23 Markos Chandras / Gentoo Linux Developer / Key ID: B4AFF2C2