From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposed changes to base profile for Gentoo/ALT
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 14:30:06
1 On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 13:11 +0100, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > As I'd like to get sooner or later (better sooner) the profiles for
3 > Gentoo/FreeBSD in main tree, I've synced the fake base profile in gentoo-alt
4 > overlay with the one in the tree. Unfortunately there are things in base that
5 > are linux-specific, so they, IMHO, should be moved in default-linux.
6
7 I'll agree with you that they should be moved, but there's also nothing
8 binding you to inheriting base.
9
10 > The attached patch is the proposed changes, they are mainly linux-specific
11 > userland that does not work outside of Linux-based systems, but there are
12 > also some GNU-specific packages like which that we don't use.
13
14 Perhaps a full patch that also places the changes into the proper
15 locations would be in order?
16
17 > I would have some other changes for virtuals, but they are less important
18 > right now.
19
20 This is completely unnecessary as you can override any virtuals in your
21 profiles.
22
23 > Obviously if this is going to be applied the missing packages should be added
24 > to the packages of default-linux and other linux profiles that does inherit
25 > from base.
26 >
27 > Comments?
28