From: Dhruba Bandopadhyay <dhruba@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gentoo-sources, gaming-sources & ACPI
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:08:18
1 Hello
2
3 First of all, I'd like to make a plea that the ACPI version on
4 gentoo-sources be bumped up. It appears to be from November last year
5 which is quite old. The ACPI version on gaming-sources seems to be much
6 more recent which is good. What happened to the acpi4linux flag - an
7 emerge -vp gentoo-sources shows that it is no longer used - has it been
8 ditched?
9
10 Secondly, recently I came across gaming-sources and have noticed that it
11 has many similarities to gentoo-sources. What are the main differences
12 between the two? Does gaming-sources carry an instability warning like
13 gentoo-sources? And is gaming-sources here to stay and be continually
14 updated?
15
16 Much appreciated
17 Dhruba Bandopadhyay