From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OSCON booth?
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:55:03
1 On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 11:40 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > I've been talking to some X.Org folks about sharing an OSCON [1] booth
3 > with us. OSCON is in Portland, OR, July 24-28, and the exhibit hall is
4 > open Wednesday and Thursday (26-27). This would help alleviate any
5 > short-staffing either group has, and likely attract more attention to
6 > the booth by having more Xgl and other bling, as well as people who can
7 > actually explain it.
8 >
9 > Mike (vapier) mentioned that at LWE, the O'Reilly guys offered us a
10 > booth. I presume this means free.
11
12 That was what I gathered. You would need to speak with Daniel Ostrow,
13 however, to get the exact details.
14
15 > Anyone who has interest in staffing a booth at OSCON or in attending it,
16 > please contact me. I will try to organize this. Exhibit hall attendance
17 > is free, but the sessions get pretty expensive. I'm not sure whether we
18 > would receive any session passes for being exhibitors.
19 >
20 > Who actually goes to OSCON? The attendees are roughly 50% devs, 25%
21 > sysadmins, and 25% suits/other. So it's a fun audience rather than being
22 > dominated by management.
23 >
24 > I would appreciate some help in understanding exactly what's required to
25 > get a booth together as well, since I've never done this.
26 >
27 > Thanks,
28 > Donnie
29 >
30 > 1. http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2006/
31
32 Also, try to stay in touch with me throughout this setup, as I am
33 working on documentation for the Gentoo Events project that will outline
34 what is necessary for a general Gentoo booth.
37 Chris Gianelloni
38 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
39 x86 Architecture Team
40 Games - Developer