From: Patrick Lauer <bugs@××××××××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI-2 - Let's get it started
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:30:00
1 Doug Goldstein wrote:
2 > Let's try to aim to do an EAPI=2 sometime soonish since Portage now
3 > has USE flag depends in version 2.2 which is looming on the horizon.
4 > It'd be nice to hit the ground running with supporting these. I know
5 > it'll be trivial for the Paludis and pkgcore guys to make this work
6 > since they already support USE flag depends.
7 >
8 > So... let's get the party started.
9 The question is then, what features do people want there?
10
11 I've seen a few things mentioned, but I presume there are two
12 restrictions -
13 1) feature needs to be reasonably useful to enough people
14 2) feature needs to be implementable in a short enough timeframe
15
16 So EAPI 2 is not "everything shiny", but a small iterative improvement
17 to EAPI 1.
18
19 Suggest features then and let's discuss!
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list