From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for January 22
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:18:24
1 On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:02:29 -0800
2 Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
3 > - PMS, bug #250077: Do we need to get involved in this? (-dev)
4
5 The question for this one, really, is whether people are happy having
6 such a vaguely specified utility whose behaviour keeps changing in
7 ways that break existing idioms. If they are, at the very least we'd
8 need a guarantee from the Portage people that they're not going to
9 change its behaviour yet again, and ideally they'd revert the recent
10 behaviour changes back to what stable Portage does.
13 Ciaran McCreesh