From: Andrea Barisani <lcars@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 07:03:45
1 On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 05:45:26PM -0700, Duncan wrote:
2 > Lance Albertson posted <1120000451.26017.7.camel@pursuit>, excerpted
3 > below, on Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:14:11 -0500:
4 >
5 > > Ok, after talking with a few folks I want to retract my comment about no
6 > > shell access. I didn't think about the other groups (docs) that already
7 > > have shell access and retain a simliar status as forum mods do in
8 > > Gentoo. I'm just getting ansty about all these new people we're bringing
9 > > on and the security behind it. Thats my main concern at this point, not
10 > > whether your work is more or less than a regular developer. I just
11 > > wanted to make that point before I had a flamewar directed at me :)
12 >
13 > OK, I'm with you on the security thing (being one that would prefer a
14 > USE=clientonly flag, remember, tho I understand the reasons behind not
15 > doing it), but I DO know there's quite the occasional use for someplace to
16 > host scripts, patchlets, and sample config files for reference from
17 > forums/news/lists/irc, that I've personally found useful, that others
18 > would like to see as well.
19
20 Would devwiki (or something like that) access for hosting files be acceptable?
21 Seriously security_wise and admin_wise I don't see shell access useful neither
22 appropriate imho.
23
24 Btw how many forums moderators are we talking about?
25
26 Cheers
29 Andrea Barisani <lcars@g.o> .*.
30 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Developer V
31 ( )
32 GPG-Key 0x864C9B9E http://dev.gentoo.org/~lcars/pubkey.asc ( )
33 0A76 074A 02CD E989 CE7F AC3F DA47 578E 864C 9B9E ^^_^^
34 "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate"
35 --
36 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list