From: Paul Varner <gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 'man bash' needs updating
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 03:26:12
1 On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 19:35, purslow@×××××××××.ca wrote:
2
3 > no, that's something else, ie part of the 'set' command.
4 > it sb right at the beginning under 'Options' between '-s' & '-D'
5 > & shd say '-x Print commands and their arguments as they are executed'.
8 No it is not something else. Any of the "set" options are options that
9 can be passed to the shell upon invocation. This is why when you type
10 bash --help, it says to execute the following "Type `bash -c "help set"'
11 for more information about shell options." What I showed you is where
12 the -x option is documented in the man page.
13
14 Now, in my opinion, the bash man page is as clear as mud to someone that
15 hasn't been around Unix/Linux for awhile. That however is a different
16 issue.
17
18 Regards,
19 Paul