From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild, ip6tables headaches, kernel confusion, xinetd vs. tcpwrappers
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 07:56:39
1 On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 08:27:46AM +0000, Thomas Flavel wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > > : 6. app suggestions
5 > > : I haven't seen a master plan/list regarding what get's included in the
6 > > : production release -- although I do think that it should be limited to one
7 > > : CD -- AT MOST. IMHO there is definitely such a thing as too many apps. The
8 > >
9 > > I agree. Just so long as the apps are the ones that I want. 8)
10 >
11 > Definatley only 1 cd.
12 >
13 > I was kind of surprised there was no ircd in rc3 - possibly not the most
14 > important app to have, *but* - and speaking of mission critical changes,
15 > you know the little graphical tux you can have at boot time? How about
16 > changing that to a little gentoo spaceship? :)
17
18 Achim has something like that in the works for the bootdisk :) We also
19 had a boot logo for 2.2.
20
21 These are the little cute things that we add when we're a bit tired of
22 adding "important stuff" and want to have a bit of fun. You can expect
23 things like this to trickle into the distribution over time.
24
25 Best Regards,
28 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
29 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org