From: Christel Dahlskjaer <christel@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Improving Gentoo User Relations
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 13:36:47
1 On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 11:37 +0100, Jonathan Coome wrote:
2 > On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 02:33:07 -0700
3 > Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
4 > > The general case of the above is that if you want information, you
5 > > need to find the right spot for it. That's generally either a specific
6 > > relevant list or Bugzilla. The information doesn't come looking for
7 > > you.
8 >
9 > This, I think is exactly the point of what Christopher was saying.
10 > Currently, a lot of information is simply not available unless you know
11 > exactly where to look and who to ask, and that means that you have to
12 > spend a while around Gentoo before you can even ask the questions.
13 >
14 > I think planet.gentoo.org helps in this regard, but there could be a
15 > lot more done to keep end users aware of what's going on.
16
17 Thank you John,
18 that is my view too. We have the resources that could be used for this,
19 we just need to utilize them! And thats exactly the sort of thing we
20 (userrel) is all about!
21
22 Christel
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list