From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Subslots: should they be bumped like SONAME or on any ABI changes?
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 16:23:53
1 Ian Stakenvicius:
4 > I vote that as primary policy/general practice, it only be bumped for
5 > (2) -- the primary purpose of subslot rebuilds is to allow portage to
6 > figure out the deptree order when a dependency upgrade is going to
7 > break a package that may or may not be emerged later. "break" is the
8 > key term here. If users want to re-emerge the rdeps of a package on
9 > upgrade they can certainly do so, but I don't see this as something we
10 > want to force on everybody just because we can...
13 ++