From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RT2X00_DEVICE USE_EXPAND
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 12:38:21
1 Seeing as this requires discussion according to make.defaults
2
3 The rt2x00 cvs driver supports various RT wireless chipsets and the user
4 should be able to control which one gets installed. This is also important as
5 the cvs portion of a specific driver may break over time.
6
7 I've already modified the ebuild AND added the rt2x00_devices.desc file. I
8 only found out this apparently requires discussion after the fact. So lets
9 discuss :)
10
11 Let's also discuss why I cannot just add rtx2x00_devices_rt2500pci to
12 use.local.desc without prior discussion which for my purposes has the same
13 effect.
14
15 Thanks
18 Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
19 Gentoo/Linux Developer (baselayout, networking)
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list