From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] package up for grabs (almost everything in the livecd herd)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 14:56:49
1 [I'm resending this, because I never saw it come through last week.]
2
3 In the olden days, the livecd herd was basically wolf31o2 and covered any
4 packages that releng had a passing interest in, even if not directly used during
5 the release building process. Since wolf31o2 retired over a year ago, many of
6 the packages owned by the livecd herd have basically become unmaintained (except
7 for the ones that I myself have an interest in).
8
9 If you are interested in any of the below packages, feel free to steal it (and
10 change the maintainer and herd bit in the metadata.xml).
11
12 app-arch/pbzip2 - We pondered using it at some point to take advantage of all
13 the shiny new multi-proc boxes that releng and its members had laying around
14 app-admin/pwgen - This is used by the LiveCD to generate a "random" password.
15 It looks like upstream hasn't touched this since it was last bumped in the
16 tree.
17 dev-python/pyparted - Used by the now defunct GLI
18 sys-apps/hwdata-gentoo - Data used by sys-apps/hwsetup
19 sys-apps/hwsetup - Used for hardware (video mostly) detection for LiveCD
20 sys-apps/parted - Required by dev-python/pyparted
21 sys-fs/squashfs-tools - Used by catalyst to create loop image
22 sys-libs/libkudzu - needed by sys-apps/hwsetup
25 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
26 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead