From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] package up for grabs (almost everything in the livecd herd)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 14:56:49
[I'm resending this, because I never saw it come through last week.]

In the olden days, the livecd herd was basically wolf31o2 and covered any
packages that releng had a passing interest in, even if not directly used during
the release building process. Since wolf31o2 retired over a year ago, many of
the packages owned by the livecd herd have basically become unmaintained (except
for the ones that I myself have an interest in).

If you are interested in any of the below packages, feel free to steal it (and
change the maintainer and herd bit in the metadata.xml).

app-arch/pbzip2 - We pondered using it at some point to take advantage of all
   the shiny new multi-proc boxes that releng and its members had laying around
app-admin/pwgen - This is used by the LiveCD to generate a "random" password.
   It looks like upstream hasn't touched this since it was last bumped in the
   tree.
dev-python/pyparted - Used by the now defunct GLI
sys-apps/hwdata-gentoo - Data used by sys-apps/hwsetup
sys-apps/hwsetup - Used for hardware (video mostly) detection for LiveCD
sys-apps/parted - Required by dev-python/pyparted
sys-fs/squashfs-tools - Used by catalyst to create loop image
sys-libs/libkudzu - needed by sys-apps/hwsetup

--
Andrew Gaffney                                 http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer            Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead