From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New GLEP: file installation masks
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 15:49:25
1 On Fri, 20 May 2016 11:40:39 -0400
2 Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 05/20/2016 11:34 AM, Daniel Campbell wrote:
5 > >
6 > > ...and the user has this in their install.mask file:
7 > >
8 > > [bash-completion]
9 > > path=/some/other/path
10 > > desc=some other description
13 > I don't think that's allowed; the groups are specified by each
14 > repository's metadata/install-mask.conf, not by the users.
15 >
16 > Although, you can ask the same question about overlays that have
17 > group-name clashes. Is that an error, or would we use the one from the
18 > overlay?
19
20 Oh, you are correct. Originally I planned to handle that, and I forgot
21 about it.
22
23 Since there can be multiple paths, we have two options: either
24 override, or amend like systemd does with *.d files. I think the former
25 would be less surprising.
26
27 Override is simple -- entry from next file overrides previous,
28 and discards all data.
29
30 Amending is harder. Description from next file overrides former, but
31 paths are appended. But there is special 'path=' (empty) that discards
32 all previous values and starts over. I don't think that's really a good
33 idea for repos.
36 Michał Górny