From: Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] OT: OpenRC - thanks Roy
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:45:46
1 Hi, bit off topic, but there hasn't been much discussion of the OpenRC
2 progress recently - I just wanted to say a bit thanks to Roy for his
3 work on this - it's been working well on my vservers for a good few
4 months now, but I hadn't realised just how fast it was until I converted
5 my mythtv box to OpenRC... At first I thought my splash screen was
6 busted, but no it booted the whole machine and had the window manager
7 running in about the time is used to take the splash screen to start to
8 spin... Absolutely stunning!
9
10 Thanks Roy and hope we can look forward to this becoming "stable" in the
11 near future?
12
13 Ed W
14 --