From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Creative Vibra128 Sound install
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 18:38:41
1 On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 01:26:05PM +1300, Kevin Gordon wrote:
2 > Here is my negative progress! I quessed that snd-card-ens1371 might be the
3 > correct driver. As commented earlier snd-card-sb16 would not load on my
4 > system but snd-card-ens1371 does load. However when running amixer I have an
5 > error message "The ALSA sound driver was not detected on this system". I
6 > then when to Creative.com Asia (no good) then when to Creative.com USA -->
7 > Soundblaster.com/support and entered the Model number CT4810. Oh my card is
8 > "Sound Blaster Ensoniq AudioPCI". Got that wrong! But should be a ESxxxx
9 > chip and it is a CT5880-DCQ chip? Looked for a Linux Driver "Sorry no driver
10 > at this time for Ensoniq AudioPCI"! Does anyone know a ALSA developer who
11 > would know whether a driver is due or of any alternative driver that might
12 > work on my SoundBlaster Model CT4810?
13
14 And you did:
15
16 # modprobe snd-card-ens1371