From: andreas@×××××××××.com
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo strategy of the installation process?
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:38:28
1 Hello everyone
2
3 I´m wondering whats the strategy and development of the gentoo
4 installationprocess is. Im a administrator of a large amount of linux
5 servers and deffenetly see the need of a fast installation process for my
6 systems.
7
8 Im using Gentoo at home and see big potential of using it in enterprise
9 environments, but sees a couple of obsticles to be able to implement it.
10
11 Is there any plan at all to be able to specify a default "ebuild list" +
12 pre and post stages like kickststart functionality in other distributions
13 in the Gentooinstallation process??
14
15 I hope this is the right forum for this, otherwhise i apologize.
16
17 Best regards Andreas
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list