From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in profiles: ChangeLog package.mask
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 14:12:05
1 I'm hoping this kind of immature and abrasive behaviours will not
2 propagate (notice the plural here). Yes, when you see a package being
3 actively maintained by somebody else you should absolutely not touch
4 it without talking to that person or team first. This is probably the
5 single most important rule in Gentoo and I would like to thank Ben for
6 reminding us of it. But nobody owns anything in Gentoo. As a developer
7 you're not king of the hill but servant of the users. The only way to
8 make yourself more relevant is by doing a better job, not by barking
9 at the others to protect your territory. By the way folks, a better
10 job also involves communication and behaviour which is what we all
11 generally suck at.
12
13 Denis.