From: Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] removal of /etc/dev.d - cleanup of /etc/udev/rules.d/
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:00:46
1 Hi fellows!
2
3 1. I am going to remove the legacy call of /etc/dev.d from our default
4 udev-rules.
5
6 # always run /etc/dev.d/ stuff for now.
7 #RUN+="udev_run_devd $env{SUBSYSTEM}"
8
9 If I get no votes against, this will happen on 2007/03/20.
10
11 Only ebuilds still installing stuff there are (found via grep):
12 sys-apps/hal-0.5.7.1-r3
13 sys-apps/hal-0.5.7-r3
14 sys-auth/pam_console-0.99.7.0.2.7
17 2. I think we should get udev rules directory (/etc/udev/rules.d/) a bit more
18 cleaned up.
19
20 At the moment a lot of packages install their files prefixed with 99.
21 I does not like that, and in the future that should perhaps be moved to some
22 numbers below 95, as I hope to get 95-udev-late.rules to be the last one
23 called.
24
25 Then it is more easy to debug rules, if we can get the complete event
26 environment from the debug rules there.
29 Perhaps we should create some convention, like installing all additional rule
30 files prefixed with 80- or similar.
31
32 Matthias
35 Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)