From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] addition to system profile
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 15:39:21
1 Andrew Gaffney wrote: [Tue Sep 30 2003, 11:25:09AM EDT]
2 > I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I believe that
3 > gentoolkit should be added to the system profile. A good chunk of
4 > people's questions on -user are answered with "use 'qpkg this'" or "do
5 > 'epm that'". Instead of having to emerge it when you first need it, it
6 > would be nice if everyone had these utilities by default.
7
8 It's not too hard to "emerge gentoolkit" and there are users that don't
9 need these utilities installed, so there's no reason to put them in the
10 system profile.
11
12 Also, epm is currently maintained as a separate ebuild from gentoolkit.
13
14 Aron