From: Richard Yao <ryao@×××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Relicensing sys-freebsd/* under the BSD-2 license
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 19:39:24
1 On 03/30/12 14:47, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > I fail to understand what the license of the ebuild has to do with the
3 > license of the package itself.
4
5 It has nothing to do with the license of the package. That is completely
6 separate. This has to do with the license of the ebuild itself.
7
8 FreeBSD Ports inspired Daniel Robbins to create Portage. The issue that
9 is our ability to share FreeBSD-specific improvements between ebuilds in
10 portage and Makefiles in FreeBSD ports.
11
12 The issues that are similar for both. Collaboration on FreeBSD-specific
13 things in sys-freebsd/* would make life easier for both portage ebuild
14 maintainers and FreeBSD port maintainers.