From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] GLEP ?? - Gentoo Knowledge Base
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 20:25:17
1 Hi folks
2
3 I've just sent the GLEP to the GLEP editors so they can give it a nice
4 number, but you'll find the text at
5 http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/tmp/kbase-glep.html as well.
6
7 The GLEP covers the requirements I'd like to put on the Knowledge Base (KB).
8 I didn't get much response on it on the gentoo-kbase mailinglist though,
9 hopefully because everybody agrees (instead of laughing at it behind my back
10 ;-) so I now present it to a larger community.
11
12 I've also mailed the gentoo-kbase mailinglist with the next steps to
13 complete: define an XML format for the KB topics (which is an *intermediate*
14 format - definitely not the final one) and after that start creating lots of
15 topics in that format.
16
17 This is necessary because, if we want a good KB, we need to be able to test
18 it well, so we need content. At the same time, we should start looking for
19 possible existing technologies that we can use for the KB (we're all lazy).
20 Each time a good candidate is found, we can put the topics in it and test
21 it.
22
23 For more discussion on this, please use the gentoo-kbase mailinglist.
24
25 Wkr,
26 Sven Vermeulen
27
28 PS I've tried to get it on the gmane lists but apparently failed. I'll
29 retry.
32 Gentoo Foundation Trustee | http://foundation.gentoo.org
33 Gentoo Council Member
34