From: Andrea Conti <alyf@××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] install media and USB debugging
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 09:27:08
1 Hi,
2
3 (First of all: I'm not sure this list is the right place to ask. If it
4 is not, feel free to point me in the right direction)
5
6 Is there a specific reason why the kernel on the install media is built
7 with CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_DEBUG=y ? This has the nasty side-effect of
8 completely overwriting the kernel log buffer with junk when booting from
9 a USB cdrom drive.
10
11 I don't think debugging usb-storage is something you would usually carry
12 out with install media. On the other hand, this pretty much requires
13 attaching an ATA cdrom drive to the machine if you need to take a look
14 at any part of the boot log while installing (try that with a netbook,
15 or a rack-mounted server!)
16
17 Andrea