From: Mark Bainter <mark-gt@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge with interacitve use
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 16:18:44
1 Panard [panard@×××××××.org] wrote:
2 > However, the list of packages is just the list that you give in arguments, it
3 > wouldn't ask for packages that an ebuild depend or rdepend (too many ask for
4 > one or two ebuild)... but if you think that is a good idea, perhaps it will
5 > be fine to work about this....
6
7 Hrm...this is interesting. I have a possible suggestion.
8
9 Why not have an optional flag to start a curses interface.
10 In the curses interface, it lists all the ebuilds that'll be
11 built for the typed command, and you select the ones you want
12 to modify, and make the appropriate changes.
13
14 Once you've made some changes you can hit an update button to have
15 it recheck dependencies to make sure everything is consistant given
16 the new use flags.
17
18 Repeat until you're happy, then okay the build process and the rest
19 continues unattended.
20
21 I (personally) think this should be optional, as for single ebuilds
22 and such it'd be really annoying to have to work with a curses interface
23 versus the Y/n. But for larger ebuilds like say world or system, it
24 would be much cleaner, and likely less problematic.
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list