From: David Nielsen <Lovechild@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Ebuild Janitor Project -- Any formalities to joining it?
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 19:06:47
1 Frankly people like you kill every possible joy I might get out of this
2 - all you do is complain, not one word about the relative niceness of
3 this project and what it could do for the state of the ebuilds.
4
5 That being said - No, I didn't talk to anyone about it before going
6 ahead, portage is gpl'ed, I can do what ever I want to it, and I intend
7 to. I didn't want to announce anything untill it was off the ground
8 because I think people spend FAR to much time talking and FAR to little
9 time actually doing something.
10 I didn't expect it to take off this fast, we have been going for a few
11 days, and there are now several ebuilds waiting in queue to be comfirmed
12 working once that has happened they will be forwarded to bugzilla. (This
13 all written in the guidelines on the forum, but I'm guessing you didn't
14 even take your time to read that).
15
16 Now suggest you do some research before giving nice people like my
17 teammates and myself a hard time.
18
19 - David
20
21 Please note that one of the most common words used on the forum is
22 developers - as in let's ask the developers if this is the correct way
23 to do this.