From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Automated Package Removal and Addition Tracker, for the week ending 2006-12-17 23:59 UTC
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:49:46
1 Yuri Vasilevski wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:02:00 -0500
5 > Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
8 >>On Sun, 2006-12-17 at 23:20 -0800, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
9 >>
10 >>>The attached list notes all of the packages that were added or
11 >>>removed from the tree, for the week ending 2006-12-17 23h59 UTC.
12 >>
13 >>OK. Here's a fun question for you...
14 >>
15 >>Is it possible to have a slightly modified version of this script run,
16 >>and the output sent to gwn-feedback for inclusion in the GWN? This
17 >>would make my life tremendously easier, since currently I have to
18 >>completely reformat this by hand.
19 >>
20 >>Basically, I would want the output to look like:
21
22 Yeah I can modify the output to do tables. If I can find the script, I
23 know it's on one of these lab machines ;)
27 > I think it should also include the Homepage(s) and Description of the
28 > packages so readers could easily check what that additions are all
29 > about. While I'm not that sure that additions date and probably who
30 > made the addition are that important for readers.
31
32 The only reason the contact and date are there is because the code for
33 removals and additions is basically the same (A or D tells me which one
34 it is) and all that info is available in the CVS history file. The
35 problem with HOMEPAGE or DESCRIPTION is that they are version specific
36 and there is no way to choose which version to pick in the case where
37 more than one version was added at the same time.
38 --
39 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list