From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: glep@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 (Critical news reporting) updates
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 01:40:49
1 Main changes since the previous edition:
2
3 * File format tweaks.
4
5 * Changes to the way relevance headers work to make it easy to do
6 things like "show this to gcc-3.3 users on x86 or sparc".
7
8 * News items are no longer copied. This makes it considerably easier to
9 install news items -- there's no longer a need to do clever directory
10 syncing tricks.
11
12 For those of you who can't read RST, an updated version will appear on
13 the website sometime in the not too distant future. For those of you
14 who can, see the attached.
15
16 For the sake of keeping this vaguely sane, replies that meet any of the
17 following criteria will be ignored:
18
19 * Top or HTML posting
20
21 * Lack of coherent English sentences, complete with proper punctuation
22 and capitalisation.
23
24 * The sender's first name ends in 'an', and they are not me.
25
26 * Questions about why the GLEP doesn't address hypothetical vapourware
27 concepts.
28
29 * Questions about why the GLEP doesn't provide a way to tell users that
30 there's a pissup at Reuben's house next Tuesday.
31
32 * Questions about why the GLEP doesn't require "integration with other
33 systems", rather than leaving it merely as something that should be
34 easily doable.
35
36 * Anything involving XML.
39 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (I can kill you with my brain)
40 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
41 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm

glep-0042.txt text/plain