From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: "Petteri Räty" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] the default FETCHCOMMAND with broken ssl certificates
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 20:56:15
1 7.8.2005, 22:46:39, Petteri Räty wrote:
4 > It is usually not a problem for users because the file gets mirrored but
5 > when doing version bumps I come across this again. As a solution I added
6 > - --no-check-certificate to my FETCHCOMMAND so this will not bother me
7 > again.
8 > So what about adding this as the default for everyone? The verification
9 > of the download is done on our side so we don't really need the ssl
10 > certificate checking and it would probably be (very?) little faster
11 > without checking. It could also prevent a couple of bug reports from the
12 > users in the future.
13
14 Check Bug 101457.
18 Best regards,
19
20 Jakub Moc
21 mailto:jakub@g.o
22 GPG signature: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
23 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E
24
25 ... still no signature ;)