From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Shall econf append its arguments to end of ./configure invocation?
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 16:37:40
1 On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 15:13:25 +0200
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 > \item[econf] Calls the program's \t{./configure} script. This is
4 > designed to work with GNU Autoconf-generated scripts. Any additional
5 > parameters passed to \t{econf} are passed directly
6 > - to \t{./configure}. \t{econf} will look in the current working
7 > directory for a configure script
8 > + to \t{./configure} and override any of the default options below.
9
10 "Override" is a dodgy word, since we don't know how ./configure does.
11 Specify how the arguments are passed, which we have control over, not
12 how they behave.
13
14 And it still needs Council approval...
17 Ciaran McCreesh