From: Vitaly Ivanov <im@×××.ru>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Fwd: Re: [gentoo-user] Old HW gentoo installs]
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 05:29:35
1 Hello Dear All
2
3 I asked many Gentoo guru, they could not help me.
4 This question will be never answered, because this is
5 not implemented yet. Ok I'll try to do it, create some
6 guide or toolchain, if I'll find the way.
7
8 The help is still necessary for me. Any ideas are
9 welcome. The cool start point for me is guide how to
10 create Gentoo stage files. And how to do it for other
11 target hosts. Where can I look for it?
12
13 Thanks.
17 Vitaly Ivanov wrote:
18
19 > how to make binnary .tbz2 packages for target
20 > with incompatible instruction set,
21 > for example, on Pentium4 for ViaC3
22 >
23 skip...
24
25 > The first step is done.User can add
26 > 'PORTAGE_BINHOST=' to make.conf
27 > and use binnary packages
28 > but how to setup 'fast server' to create .tbz2 packages?
29 >
30 > ok
31 >
32 > I can chroot from pentium4 to pentium2 and fast compile all packages,
33 > good, what about chroot from AthlonXP or from Pentium4 to ViaC3 ???
34 >
35 > This is the main question:
36 > How to make binnary packages (tbz2 's) no AthlonXP optimized for Via C3?
37 > (what way is for machines with imcompatible instruction set)
38 > if I want to use optimized system I need to start from stage1,
39 > and not use stage2 or stage3...
40 >
41 > The dreams:
42 > on Athlon XP
43 > -download and unpack to separate dir stage1 and last portage snapshot
44 > -may be mount --bind dev and proc and chroot
45 > -change profile via symlink
46 > -edit make.conf (CFLAGS="-march=c3 -O3 -pipe" FEATURES="buildpkg")
47 > some-other-bootstrap.sh
48 > emerge system
49 > emerge --buildpkg windowmaker , emerge --buildpkg mozilla and emerge
50 > --buildpkg some-package again
51 > export or copy all .tbz2 packages to ViaC3 hosts
52 > install .tbz2 packages by emerge --usepkgonly package-name on ViaC3
53 >
54 > Thanks for any ideas.