From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Indention in metadata.xml
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 13:26:33
1 On 06 Jun 2015 12:17, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > >>>>> On Sat, 6 Jun 2015, Michał Górny wrote:
3 >
4 > > Visual space is what you set in your editor. Which also gives tab
5 > > the advantage that you can set it to something good for you, like
6 > > 'more than 2 spaces so that it is readable'.
7 >
8 > *If* we should agree on using tabs, then we should also standardise
9 > the tab width. Using the same rules for indenting and whitespace as
10 > for ebuilds (i.e., tab stops every four positions) suggests itself:
11 > https://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/file-format/index.html#indenting-and-whitespace
12
13 if there's any standard at all for metadata.xml, it should be the same as
14 ebuilds. there's no reason to deviate.
15 -mike